Pasta al pesto is one of the best summer pasta at il Fontanaro.
You can do it only in summer when you can find a lot of organic fresh local basil.
There are many versions of this pasta some times, together with the potato with add some fresh grean beans to boil!
Ingredients of Pasta al pesto
per 6 persons:
– 200 gr of Organic local basil
– 200 gr of Parmesan cheese (or 100 gr of Parmesan cheese + 100 gr. Pecorino cheese)
– 200 gr. of pinenuts
– 0,200 lt of extra virgin organic olive oil of il Fontanaro
– 1 potato
– some fresh organic cherry tomatoes for decoration
– some green beans and some italian organic cherry tomatoes
Pasta al pesto – Directions:
Take the Basil leaves into a blender together with the other ingredients and mix slowly.
As like the old pasta al pesto recipe we should do all this work over hands without using metals or plastic tools…and as the old recipe you can also add another garlic clove if you like garlic but it might be too heavy to digest!
In the same water that you will use to cook the pasta ,boil 1 potatoes and some green beans , you can use those to decore the dish together with chopped hill tomatoes without seeds.
Cook your pasta al pesto very al dente usually one minute less than the pasta package direction.