Bay leaves rice, from Water Master chef at the restaurant Locanda delle Scuderie and at il Fontanaro!
Ingredients for 2o persons
- extra virgin olive oil (EVO)
- 1 kg carnaroli or arborio rice
- 1 glass of good dry white wine
- some butter enough to make the rise creamy
- Some fresh bay leaves
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus shavings for garnish (optional)
- Make the classic vegetable broth (onion, carrot, celery) and boil it for 30 minutes more or less.
- Heat olive oil with the few bay leaves in a large saucepan (best the one of red cooper) over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the rise to roast it for few minutes and add a pinch of salt.
- Add some white wine and rest it with higher flame until rice has absorbed the wine.
- Continue adding broth allowing rice to absorb it again and again.
- Cook until rice is al dente (18 – 20 minutes for a good carnaroli rice), than you can add some butter, hot water and parmesan cheese to make it creamy.
- Turn off heat.
- Stir in grated cheese.
- Cover and let sit 2 minutes.
- Garnish each with parmigiano cheese and black tuscan pepper if you like .