If the best food for you is pasta and wine, this is your recipe!
It is very easy to make and you can try to use different kind of flour. But the wine must be always the best!
Ingredients for our Wine lover pasta !
- 120 gr. of organic semolina flour per person.
glass of VERY GOOD wine (EX. MY Wine sangiovese 100%)
Directions for our Wine lover pasta !
- Make a cone with the flour and flatten the cone at the top to make a well. Add a pinch of salt if you wish and a spoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add half glass of red wine and some water. (The portion is half of the liquid per flour).
- Work the wine and water and the flour together with a fork, adding the liquid from just around the eggs little by little, until you have a smooth dough, adding just a drop of water if necessary, and no more.
- As soon as you can, use your hands.
- Knead the dough for ten to fifteen minutes, until it is smooth, firm, and quite elastic. Don’t skimp on the kneading or the dough will tear while you’re rolling it out. Leave to rest for 15-30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two balls. With a rolling pin, roll the ball of dough out into a strip.
- Pass this dough through the rollers of the manual pasta machine until it reaches the proper thinness (usually the last but one setting). Or use a wine bottle to roll it!
- Once you have the desired thickness, allow the dough to rest once more (dusting with a little flour if it seems at all sticky), before you cut it using the machine cutters.
- Dust the cut pasta with flour and allow to dry on dish towels for 1-2 hours, making sure the strands are well separated and not stuck together.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes in plenty of salted boiling water. Keep tasting until you taste a texture which is a little harder than the desired one (the pasta will keep cooking while you are dressing it).
- Drain, keeping some of the cooking water aside. Dress the pasta with your sauce, mixing well and adding some cooking water little by little to help amalgamate it with the sauce. Serve immediately!